Monday, May 03, 2010

Backpacking, summer 2009

Little Wenatchee Creek,
WA, July, 2009.


Here some pics from a backpacking trip. Long trip. It was a cool trip overall, I was happy I did that. But I am not sure I enjoy all that much walking for walking.
To begin with, we had to add extra walking due to the unexpected fallen tree. We therefore had to park right there and start the backpacking process. I still don't get the whole "backpacking" thing. It was fun to go camping... but the intensive walking? Mmm I don't know about that. I was walking as fast as I could so I could get to the top and to the camping site as quick as possible. I enjoyed camping. I enjoyed our group of people and the dog, Mason Chase.

Jeff Schneider (izquierda), Greg (derecha) y tronco (en medio) que no me causó ninguna gracia.

Greg (izquierda) y David (derecha) preparando a Mason, quien cargó su propia mochila y agua. Muy buen perro, fuerte y obediente, aunque nos la pasamos peleando por ir hasta adelante del grupo.

Pero la caminata vale la pena cuando la vista es buena. Entonces dejé de arrepentirme, y pude disfrutarlo.

Esta vista me recuerda al inicio de mi película favorita, The Sound of Music, que se filmó en Salzburgo, Austria.

Greg y yo a la mitad del camino. Recorrimos un total de 22 millas, cerca de 35 km, de ida y vuelta. Y mi mamá diría (como cuando le platiqué de mi recorrido en bicicleta de 80 km): "Pues qué no tienes carro?" jaja. Nos quedamos a acampar una noche.

David, durante nuestro camino de vuelta al estacionamiento. Bueno, al árbol caído.

No comments: